CIMULACT stands for ‘Citizen and Multi-Actor Consultation on Horizon 2020’. The project engaged thousands of persons in 30 countries in Europe, citizens along with a variety of other actors, in shaping a desirable sustainable future. In a highly participatory process, the project provided a unique contribution to European research and innovation policies and topics, created dialogue and shared understanding among the actors, and built strong capacities in citizen engagement, thereby enhancing responsible research and innovation (RRI) in the EU. Our organisation, Missions Publiques, is one the the key partners of this european project.
In short, CIMULACT:
- Involved citizens in the actual formulation of the EU research and innovation agendas.
- Provides concrete and unique input to the identification of the future European research agenda by eliciting concerns about, wishes for and visions of desirable sustainable futures from thousands of persons in 30 countries in Europe.
- Makes the European research and innovation agenda relevant and accountable to society by engaging citizens, stakeholders and experts in co-creating research agendas based on real, validated and shared visions, needs and demands.
- Contributes to responsible research and innovation (RRI) in the EU by promoting the engagement and inclusion of the public in the identification of desirable sustainable futures.
- Sets a new standard for public participation through the development, testing, training and assessment of methods for citizen and stakeholder engagement.
- Makes the building of the future more accessible. It is no longer only a question discussed by policy makers and experts; it is a wider public conversation for a greater democracy.
CIMULACT in numbers
- 1690 citizens
- 609 stakeholders (including experts and policy makers)
- 179 visions for sustainable and desirable futures
- 160 research directions
- 82 workshops
- 48 research programme scenarios
- 26 social needs
- 23 suggestions for Horizon 2020 topics
- 30 European countries
- 11 new methods for citizens participation and co-creation
- 6 Grand Challenges
- 1 online consultation in 28 languages consulting more than 3400 people
More information : www.cimulact.eu